Saturday, December 28, 2013

I was Robbed

We went and stayed with my in-laws for christmas and spent a whole week just hanging out and enjoying company.  On friday morning my wife's sister came in and said that our van hatch was open and the door was popped open.  I figured that we must have left it open all night and went on with life.  Today we were getting everything in the car and and i noticed my toolbox was gone.  I always bring my toolbox when we go on the road in case I need to use the tools.  Anyway, I look around and realize that it was stolen and the day that everyone was telling me that the car was open was the day or morning it happened.  I have heard of people telling me before about how their tools were stolen once and how much it sucks but I couldnt ever say anything other than that sucks.  Now I know how it feels.  I made that toolbox in high school.  I collected those tools over the past decade.  Many memories are tied to those things and while they are just things, the pain of being stolen from, being violated like that really hurts.  The tools can be replaced and life will go on but I am still hurt.  I guess all I can say is farewell to my tools.  We had some great times.  I just hope that whoever they serve next will treat them well and that they will work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment