Thursday, December 5, 2013

Week 12

We had the chance to teach Ms. Hensen's 6th grade class at Mapleton elementary this week.  We prepared a lesson on flight and we used paper airplanes to keep the kids attention.  They seemed to really like it and were interested.  The kids were forgiving to our teaching.  When we made mistakes they didn't jump all over us for it.  It was a good experience but I was not happy with the lesson.  I didn't care for it because i was bored while we were preparing it.  I don't want to teach about why planes fly.  I want to teach technology, more specifically, I want to teach how certain technologies work and be able to play around with them.  If we had a plane to fly around it would be different.  Paper airplanes just aren't enough for me.  Everything went fine, but I was bored.  As I heard about the other groups and the lesson they taught on electronics I was excited.  Lighting LED's and messing around with wires to shock the whole class sounds fun and educational.  I dont know why I didnt think to do that stuff.  That is what I like to do.  The only thing i can do now is wait for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment